Where are we...????

Just a note to all of you faithful readers who keep coming back hoping to find updates...

We are in the process of rolling this site (and CentsAble Baby) into our main blog BeCentsAble! Please look for us there in the coming week!

Save More...BeCentsAble

Visit our other blogs for more money saving information and tips:

BeCentsAble http://www.becentsable.blogspot.com/

CentsAble Baby http://www.centsablebaby.blogspot.com/

Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Works for Me Wednesday: Great Deals on Organic and Natural Foods

Why don't more people eat natural and organic foods? With all the reports and recommendations from reputable organizations, the increase of certain disease and cancer, you'd think it would be an easy decision...

I know the answer to this question...affordability!

That's why we're here. To make this endeavor as affordable as possible, to make the decision to change your family's diet easier, to remove one less hurdle.

A big part of the shopping I do each week involves coupons and sales. That's the hard part when it comes to this particular share of the market. Natural and organics foods are at a premium.

I need your help to make this a really GREAT resource! Do you know of any place with consistently great deals on natural, whole or organic foods? Do you have a tip or a brand recommendation for getting a good deal or do you know of a good resource for coupons?

Help us!

8 comments:

Britni said...

I love getting fresh fruit from Whole Foods because they have deals with the local farmer's markets. Their prices are normally pretty comparable to normal grocery stores, and it's always so much better!

Monica said...

There is a Whole foods warehouse in our area that donated their dented or near expired good (no produce) to a local church for distribution. This is not a food pantry, but the church serves as a pick up place for whomever wants to come and get it every other Tuesday. I found out about it through a local homeschool group. They gladly accept donations to pay for the truck rental and gas.

I've been going for the past 8 months and it is amazing!! Lots of yogurt, grains, milk and prepackaged items. It would have gone into the trash. They average 300 people a week and we all leave with an entire grocery cart full of food. It is such a blessing.

You might try contacting your local warehouse distributer and see if they are doing a similar thing.

Brandi said...

I found this site the other day in my search for natural food coupons:http://www.wholefoodscoop.org/common/coupons/HealthESavers.asp?storeID=7CE9AED4291A4249833F2893B797892C&action=CouponsDownloaded
Also www.eatbetteramerica.com has a few coupons. There is one for the brand Cascadian Farms, which I always use. I think there is one for Spectrum coconut oil,too which I also use regularly.
Thanks for doing this,as I am always searching for deals like this too!

Mrs. Gray's Class said...

If you have a Trader Joe's nearby they have a great and affordable selection of organic foods.

Jenni said...

Grocery Outlet. I get great deals on organic shelf-stable goods there all the time. It's a great place to go stock up!

Becentsable blog said...

Thanks automnfawn I JUST found that site the other day too! I was super excited! Hoefully they'll change it up frequently. It's also good to check the manufacturers website, I've found several deals that way!

Becentsable blog said...

Monica...I have a new project! Thanks for the tip

Goodson Family said...

Looks like you're in the Kansas City area, right?

I love the City Market (thecitymarket.org)! You might know about their farmers' market in the center (runs sat & sun during the fall/winter and adds on wed during the spring/summer, I think.) But did you know that the city market portion, around the perimeter, is open every day, all year long? There is lots of CHEAP produce - and I've been excited to see that some of it lately is organic! I imagine that there will be more organic produce available as we get farther into the growing season. I bought a case (40 lbs) of organic bananas for $14 - that's $.35/lb! Also, this past week, they had 3 lb bags of organic Braeburn apples for $2. $.66/lb, which is a better price than you can normally get for conventional apples at the grocery store! I also picked up some Earthbound Farms organic raisins for $.10/oz, which is half the price of what I just spent at Whole Foods. I am definitely making the City Market a regular stop for me!!

-Nikki