Where are we...????

Just a note to all of you faithful readers who keep coming back hoping to find updates...

We are in the process of rolling this site (and CentsAble Baby) into our main blog BeCentsAble! Please look for us there in the coming week!

Save More...BeCentsAble

Visit our other blogs for more money saving information and tips:

BeCentsAble http://www.becentsable.blogspot.com/

CentsAble Baby http://www.centsablebaby.blogspot.com/

Thursday, March 13, 2008

Frugal Friday: Mowing the Grass 'GREEN'


I have to admit, I never considered mowing the grass to be anything other than a result of having a yard and something I didn't have to do! Don't think too poorly of me, though I did have to mow the yard as a teen so I've had my fair share of that!

We had a push mower and an electric weed-eater...now we have a rider and a gas powered weed-eater (hey! we have half an acre to mow!)

Aside from the gas and oil required to run the mower there is another aspect that I personally had not considered "pollution" - except when my kids are napping! The noise!

Read the article linked below and check out some old-fashioned push mowers around you.

I will be trying to talk my "gardener" into it - he's rather obstinate and enjoys his "power" tools! How lovely would it be to have a couple of hours once a week to get some exercise, listen to my ipod and enjoy some adult time?? hmmm...renewed incentive!

http://simpleandgreen.net/2008/03/09/push-mowers-rule/

1 comment:

CC said...

We have a push mower. Since my husband is injured I've been doing the mowing and WOW! its a lot of work. But I really do believe it is the best choice for us.